Crossing ferry to Texel
From Den Helder by ferry to Texel? The crossing is only 20 minutes. The double-deck ferry to Texel leaves once an hour. The boat Doctor Wagemaker has a capacity of 300 cars and 1750 people. The Schulpengat ferry can carry a maximum of 242 passenger cars and 1320 passengers.
Prices Texel ferry service
- A return trip by ferry to Texel costs 2.50 euros for a foot passenger.
- Children under the age of four travel for free.
- A return ticket for vehicles with a height from 2.51 meters to 6.5 meters costs € 37 in high season and € 25 in low season.
- A return ticket for motor vehicles (including 2 passengers) costs € 11.00 in high season and € 8.20 in low season.
- For trucks, coaches, cars + caravan or trailer, with a maximum of 9 occupants, the cost of the ferry to Texel is € 7.80 in high season and the off-peak tariff is € 5.80 (both per linear meter).
Tickets can be purchased at the ferry port or online via the Teso website. Look for extensive rates on the Teso website.
When traveling by car, the price of a return ticket is included and for a maximum of 9 occupants. All occupants must be in the vehicle when the vehicle passes the counter. Cars with a length of more than 5.5 meters (including trailer, caravan or bicycle carrier) are subject to the meter rate. You do not have to pay extra if you transport bicycles on the roof of the car.
All rates mentioned are for a return ticket. You can’t buy a one way tickets.
Reserving a place on the ferry to Texel is not possible. Extra capacity and crossings are used during busy periods. During the high season and during school holidays, a short waiting period can occasionally arise.
Your pet can travel on the ferry to Texel for free, however you must keep your pet on a leash during the crossing. You must keep the pet on a leash during the crossing. It is in principle allowed to leave the pet (unattended) in the car during the crossing, provided the pet can not jump out of the car.
Free parking is possible at the ferry terminal of Den Helder (next to the terminal). The car park is unguarded and making a reservation is not possible. Because the number of parking spaces is limited, it’s possible that the parking lot is full on busy days. You can also park in the vicinity of the ferry port. Take a short walk of about 10 minutes into account.
Free Wi-Fi (WIFI) is available in the salons of the ferries and at the docks.